17 October 2013

Scrambled eggs and the terrible two


I am a mother of three, but still learning about motherhood, everyday. A couple of days ago, a friend of mine asked me whether my second child, Gabriel, was coping well with the arrival of the third baby in the family. "Oh, yes, he is doing great; no jealousy at all. Amazing, right?".
Well, I should have had my lips zipped. On the same day, Gabriel had his first tantrum. Welcome the terrible two!

Last night, Nick had a function to attend and I struggled a bit with kid's routine: dinner, bath, story time and bed, while I am having a colic baby and breastfeeding....and the new tantrum face of Gabriel.

So after all went to bed, I decided to enjoy myself. I poured a glass of red wine, a Malbec from Mendoza. While I was slowly sipping the wine, the alcohol made its magic and I smiled thinking: Tonight, it is scrambled eggs for dinner"

I like them soft and rich. And I like them accompanied by a simple rocket salad with smoked salmon (I know, white wine would match better, but I prefer red) and this is how I make them:
  1. Start with a cold heavy-based pan.
  2. Only beat the eggs (I use two for myself) once they are in the pan.
  3. Add a tablespoon of cold butter before stirring constantly with a plastic spatula to get right into the corners (if they start sticking, take the pan off the heat for a moment)

Buen provecho!

PS: After my dinner, I just had to deal with the colic of baby number three until 10pm....but this time, maybe because of the wine or the delicious food, I did just fine!





1 comment:

  1. Another success. And your husband nowhere to be seen. Besos
    - Nick

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more than welcome. Thank you!